Jamboree Creative Escape is a unique weekend, encouraging busy people to unplug, escape to the forest and connect to hands-on immersive arts, nature and cooking workshops. And it’s on again next month.
Organised by the clever, Northern Illawarra-based Wild Rumpus team, the weekend promises to be fantastic. You can read more about Wild Rumpus HERE
At the heart of the Jamboree is the makers movement, a resurgence in the focus on skills in cooking from scratch, connecting with nature, gardening, making and being creative.
Event co-founder Lizzie Rose says people are looking for a big wake-up call to get inspired into being creative. “Unplugging from technology, and connecting with like-minded folks in Real Life, is what it’s about, and Jamboree offers all of that.”
2018 program highlights:
- Visual Artist Lee Bethelteaching Life Drawing
- Spatial sculptor and visual artist Sharnie Shield running her “Architecture as Symphony” installation and movement workshop
- Internationally renowned choral leader Rachel Hore teaching harmony choir singing
- Buena Vista Farm’s tasty Kraut and Ferments masterclass
- Shibori Stitching and Dyeing with textile artist Michelle Elliot
- Coil Weaving and Cordage with Mel Young
- DIY Backyard Bee Hotels with Permaculture designer Narelle Happ
- Found Object and Illustration with installation artist Lizzie Dove
- Sunday Soiree of Unfinished Projects– drop in experiences with Mel Young, Jon Harris Photography, Michelle Elliot, Rachel Hore and painter Karen Yello.
Jamboree Creative Escape
Friday 26th -Sun 28th October, 2018
Mt Keira Scout Camp, Wollongong (1hr15min from Sydney)