1. Clear out anything that you don’t love. Go beyond a Spring clean & get rid of anything that isn’t important or you don’t love. By clearing out stuff you clean up the energy & you can then donate what you don’t need to others who do which will give you good karma.
2. Create moments by sharing it with friends. I’m not a huge entertainer at all but my home feels more special every time I have a small group of people I love over to share it. The warmth it brings stays with your home after they leave as do the memories.
3. Make it a peaceful zone & do everything you can to keep negative energy & events out. Try to de-stress before you arrive back at your sanctuary. Avoid tension & conflict when at home so you can fill it with positive energy.
4. Selectively acquire things that you love. Things that make your heart sing. Art, furniture pieces, photographs, soft toys. Anything that makes you feel good. And nothing else.
5. Create special little pockets or zones that you use to do things you love. If you love reading find a small sunny spot & buy a comfy chair you love & make it your reading or thinking zone. Put a gorgeous rug under it to make it complete.
6. Spend time there. I see staying home just as exciting most of the time as going out. Create a space that is so special that going there is usually the best option you have.
7. Create a fireplace. Even in apartments nowadays you can install an Eco Smart fire without need for a flue. Having a fire glowing in the corner at night or on a winter’s day is hard to compare.
8. Cook comfort food. Delicious home cooked meals go beyond providing you with healthy sustenance. They create a warm feeling that you can replicate day after day. Maple syrup pancakes at home on a Sunday morning always make a house more of a home.
9. Start a vegetable garden. Growing your own vegetables & herbs at home does something that’s hard to explain. Just do it & you’ll find out what I mean. Just because you live in an apartment doesn’t mean you can’t have a flourishing little balcony garden.
10. Have close friends from overseas stay with you. Sharing your home with your closest travelling friends is a special experience. But I suggest a two night maximum. It can lose its appeal quickly thereafter!