Coledale Camping Reserve is a much loved local spot to enjoy a peaceful break by the sea – it boasts an absolute water-frontage for dozens of campers and is especially popular during Easter.
Over the past 8 years, the site has been guided through a series of improvements by Camp Manager, Norm Jenkins, who has brought a great deal of warmth to the role, ensuring ongoing success through future patronage.
Norm is retiring this month (April 2014), so the Coledale Surf Life Saving Club is seeking a new Camp Manager, ideally a couple or single person. This is a 7-day a week live on site position.
The Coledale Camping Reserve is a small camping facility with 42 sites including 4 powered sites. There is 1 amenity block, which is shared with a public section. The camp section, which is locked for paid campers only, has hot showers and toilets also having a kitchen and laundry.
Duties would include – the management and security of the entire park, the management of bookings and deposits, manage a blacklist register, provide reports as required, undertake cleaning of the camp ground section of the amenities block, regular clean up of the grounds, maintaining camp sites including mowing, general minor maintenance.
The start date would be confirmed at interview stage but would be sometime at the end of April 2014.
The successful applicant(s) would have use of an on site 2-bedroom fully self-contained cabin which also has an office. All utilities are included.
- Good people management and communication skills.
- To have a thorough knowledge of the lease agreement and operate within the guidance of this agreement as this would govern the day-to-day running of the campground.
- Competent IT user and willing to learn a site-booking program.
- Able to manage camp bookings and reservations using software to enable relevant reporting.
- Willing to take a police background check.
- Previous campground management experience.
[contact]Coledale Surf Life Saving Club[/contact]