Lee Evans, Member for Heathcote and Roads and Maritime Services is reminding motorists of the final closure this Saturday night of M1 Princes Motorway known locally as Mt Ousley Road from just north of the Gipps Road overbridge to Bulli Tops for essential maintenance.
The closure is needed to allow Roads and Maritime Services to complete a number of roadwork activities including road resurfacing, drain maintenance, installation of new road signs, repairs to guardrail and pruning of low hanging trees.
- M1 Princes Motorway from just north of the Gipps Road overbridge to Bulli Tops.
- Picton Road between Wilton and the M1 Princes Motorway.
- Old Mount Ousley Road between Gaynor Avenue and Mt Ousley Road.
The road will be closed in both directions between 7pm and 5am and detours will be in place for both southbound and northbound motorists.
- Southbound and northbound motorists are advised to use Bulli Pass and Memorial Drive and should allow an extra 10 to 15 minutes for their journey.
- Light vehicle drivers travelling to and from the Hume Highway will be detoured via Wilton and Appin roads and Bulli Pass and should allow an additional 20 minutes.
- Heavy vehicle drivers travelling to and from the Hume Highway will be detoured via Narellan Road, Appin Road and Bulli Pass and should allow an additional 40 minutes.
Heavy vehicles longer than 19 metres must decouple before travelling on Bulli Pass.
Motorists are advised to follow all detour signs and temporary traffic control measures.
This work is part of Roads and Maritime’s ongoing program of work to carry out major maintenance on the M1 Princes Motorway at Mt Ousley Road up to twice a year.
Roads and Maritime thanks motorists for their patience while this essential work is carried out.