Wollongong Council will spent almost $7 million dollars on six projects across the city. Five are in the Northern Illawarra.
Wollongong Council has accepted tenders for the local major projects, and will spend $1.56 million in the city’s north.
- $208,606 will be spent refurbishing Helensburgh’s Rex Jackson Oval.
- A retaining wall and car park will be repaired and improved at Stanwell park Children’s Centre,
- Coalcliff Rock Pool is to have a major facelift (you can read those details HERE).
- Coledale Beach and camp ground will have $221,000 spent to improve their amenities
- Four relocatable toilet blocks will be installed at Bulli Beach Tourist Park
However, while the north has snagged the lions share of the projects, the bulk of the money will go South.
$5.176 million will be spent building the first 350 meters of road between Fowlers Rd and Fairwater Drive to allow flood-proof access to the newly-released West Dapto.