The trial of ‘Premier Illawarra on Demand’ buses to Thirroul will wind up on December 20.
‘Illawarra on Demand’ has been operating fo the past two years, connecting passengers with the local station in both Thirroul and Shellharbour.
Between January 2018 and the end of October 2019 the service delivered 37,942 trips for customers, however, Transport NSW says patronage has been declining over the past few months with 1,997 trips in October.
“Transport for NSW will use the learnings from this, and other pilots, to look at different ways in which we can make it easier for our customers to get around on public transport.”
The Transit Systems trial will cease operations in Illawarra on 20th December.
Existing bus services will continue to operate in the area. Key bus routes in the area include:
- Route 2 Stanwell Park – Wollongong via Thirroul
- Route 90 Austinmer Station – Wollongong
- Route 91 Austinmer Station – Wollongong University
- Route 92 Bulli – Wollongong
- Route 93 Bulli – Wollongong University