RESIDENTS have been waiting a long time and finally, both Helensburgh and Thirroul libraries, will be opening for longer periods during the week.
From Saturday, February 2, Helensburgh library will almost double the length of its opening hours – jumping up from 24 hours per week to 39.5 hours. Thirroul library will also be opening for an extra six hours during the week.
Wollongong City Council listened to feedback from more than 1400 library customers and made changes to library opening times.
The changes reflect a request from customers to see a more consistent spread of opening hours across the city.
The major changes to library opening times include:
- District libraries at Corrimal, Thirroul, Dapto and Warrawong to open from 9.30am Monday to Friday; they are currently open at 10am Monday to Friday and at 1pm on Wednesday.
- All libraries to open from 9.30am to 1pm on Saturday (Wollongong Central Library will continue to open until 5.00pm).
- Additional opening hours at Thirroul – six hours per week, to create consistency with other District libraries.
- Augmented hours at Helensburgh – increase opening from 24 hours per week to 39.5 hours per week, close at 7pm Tuesday evenings.
- Consistent daily hours at Unanderra with no lunch time closure – increase operations by 5.5 hours per week.
- Earlier closure of Warrawong Library from 6pm (current) to 5pm Mon-Wed and from 6pm to 5pm Friday.
- Wollongong Central Library will close at 6pm on Friday, currently open until 8.30pm.
[contact]Council’s Customer Service[/contact]
[image_source]Wollongong City Council[/image_source]